Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from my "Irish Cooking" cookbook.
Top Review by Nikoma
I'm sorry for the low stars, but I really have no choice. I tried this recipe 3 times figuring it HAD to be something I was doing wrong. Each time the mixture was WAY to wet to form into patties. I put this together (halved the recipe) for the third time last night and chilled till this morning. I made the potatoes with about 1/2 the water called for this time and still couldn't get it to mold. So I dropped it by big spoonfulls onto a hot griddle thinking it might firm up that way....but nope. It's a shame, the mixture tastes great. I love the thyme.
- 1 1⁄2 quarts prepared instant mashed potatoes, cooked dry and cooled
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded colby cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups muenster cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine potatoes, cheese, 4 beaten eggs, 3/4 cup flour, and herbs; mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before molding and preparing.
- To prepare, form 18 (3-inch) patties. Dip in 2 beaten eggs and dredge in remaining 3/4 cup flour. Cook each patty in skillet over medium heat 3 minutes per side or until crisp, golden brown and heated through.