Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Potatoes are a staple in my home and also while I was growing up. When I was young we would have potato pancakes but I never doctored them up till I was grown and in my own home. Hope you enjoy them!
- mashed potatoes, leftover (These amounts can vary depending on amount of leftover potatoes)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 small onion (diced small)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco cooking oil
- Combine all ingredients.
- Make into individual patties.
- Size of pattie will determine how many servings you will have.
- Fry in skillet with oil till light golden brown on both sides.
This is an easy, great tasting use for left over potatoes. Also great for make ahead. Made them up and placed in refrigerator. Pulled out for supper. Great. Margie