Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I threw this one together one night when I was in the mood for a new side dish...and I had lots of potatoes and leeks, but didn't feel like making soup. If you're in a hurry, a thawed bag of diced hash brown potatoes works well! (Cook time includes boiling potatoes.)
- 1892.72 ml potatoes, diced into 1-inch cubes (about 2 1/2 lbs)
- 118.29 ml butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 3.69 ml pepper
- 3.69 ml paprika
- 3.69 ml parsley
- 236.59 ml evaporated milk
- 56.69 g cream cheese
- 226.79 g sour cream
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml swiss cheese (or use more cheddar-sharp is good)
- In a large pot, boil diced potatoes for about 15 minutes or just until tender (not mushy!). Drain; then rinse with cold water and drain again. Place drained potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over med-high heat. Add garlic and leeks and sauté just until leeks become tender. Add diced tomato, salt, pepper, paprika and parsley; stir well.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in evaporated milk, cream cheese, and sour cream until well-blended.
- Stir in shredded cheeses; combine well. Pour over drained potatoes and gently toss to coat.
- Pour into lightly sprayed 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake; uncovered at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until top begins to slightly brown.