Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great side dish that was adapted from one of my favorite restaurants. A big hit with everyone I make it for!
- 8 -10 russet potatoes
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 large onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and wash potatoes.
- Cut into slices that are approximately 1/8" thick (like potato chips).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat canola oil and fry potato slices until they are slightly brown.
- Cut onions into slices and brown in oil.
- In an 8" casserole dish, layer the ingredients in the following order: potatoes, 1/2 cup of cheddar, 1/2 cup of mozzerella, parmesan cheese, onions, salt, pepper.
- Repeat until all ingredients are gone.
- Top with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered for 20 minutes.
The different cheeses make this one a hit. Definitely will make this again.