Recipe by mostrah
A great addition to a roasted meat dinner! It goes well with chicken, beef, pork or turkey. I often use frozen hashbrowns that have been thawed to cut down on prep time AND you can make it the night before and bake for an additional 10 minutes! (cover and refrigerate overnight)
Top Review by KGCOOK
I made this recipe per the instructions but for 2 people. I used fresh grated potatoes. Your best bet is to use frozen or partly cooked potatoes as mine did not get all the way done after baking 50 minutes. I also have to use lactose free milk so I did not use the half and half which would have made this dish have richer flavor. Also she does not say in her recipe what degree to put the oven on. I set mine at 350. You taste the cheese but other spices need to be added. If you don't like a lot of spices in your potatoes then this recipe would be just fine for you. Sorry Mostrah
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups cooked peeled potatoes, shredded or diced
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Do not brown.
- Remove from heat and add potatoes.
- Toss cheese with flour, salt and pepper.
- Add cheese mix to potatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs and cream.
- Stir into potato mixture.
- Spoon into a greased 9 inch pan.
- Bake, uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for a minute after removing from oven and serve.