Recipe by logansw
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Who knew that 5 ingredients could pack such a punch of flavor! These little treats scream Mama Mia that's a tasty tater ball! They are crispy on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside. They are the perfect appetizer for any occasion. The best thing about these delightful balls of yumminess is that the kids will flip over these as well as the grown-ups.
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage, cooked & room temperature
- 8 ounces Italian cheese blend
- 5 ounces sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 cups seasoned panko breadcrumbs, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine potatoes, sausage, cheese, pesto and 1/2 cup of bread crumbs in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- With wet hands, roll potato mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place remaining bread crumbs on a large plate. Roll each potato ball in bread crumbs. Make sure they are evenly coated.
- Place poatao balls on a large plate or pan and put in fridge for at least 30 minutes or until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 380 degrees.
- Place potato balls on a large non-stick cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes and golden brown.
- **serve with your favorite marinara sauce**.