Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Rachael Ray's magazine.
Make and share this Cheesy Potato Corncakes recipe from Food.com.
- Place the potatoes in a medium pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch.
- Salt the water and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, then mash the potatoes in the pot.
- Cook, stirring, over medium-low heat for 1 minute.
- Let cool, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the eggs and chives.
- Place the cornmeal on a large, shallow plate.
- Combine the potatoes with the corn, the cheese and the egg mixture; season with pepper.
- Scoop out 2 rounded tablespoons and roll into a ball.
- Set on a sheet of waxed paper; repeat with remaining mixture (you should have 30 pieces).
- Flatten each ball into a 1/2-inch thick patty, coat in the cornmeal and transfer to a baking sheet.
- On a griddle or in a large nonstick skillet, heat 1/4 cup oil over medium-high heat.
- Working in 3 batches, add the corncakes and cook until golden-brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain and season with salt.