This recipe is from Rachael Ray's magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the potatoes in a medium pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch.
- 2Salt the water and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 3Drain, then mash the potatoes in the pot.
- 4Cook, stirring, over medium-low heat for 1 minute.
- 5Let cool, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, stir together the eggs and chives.
- 7Place the cornmeal on a large, shallow plate.
- 8Combine the potatoes with the corn, the cheese and the egg mixture; season with pepper.
- 9Scoop out 2 rounded tablespoons and roll into a ball.
- 10Set on a sheet of waxed paper; repeat with remaining mixture (you should have 30 pieces).
- 11Flatten each ball into a 1/2-inch thick patty, coat in the cornmeal and transfer to a baking sheet.
- 12On a griddle or in a large nonstick skillet, heat 1/4 cup oil over medium-high heat.
- 13Working in 3 batches, add the corncakes and cook until golden-brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- 14Transfer to paper towels to drain and season with salt.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Potato Corncakes
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.8
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.0 mg
- Sodium 179.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 12.6 g