Recipe by Meghan
A fantastic recipe I came up with after adding a little of this and a little of that. Its thick and creamy with the perfect blend of cheese and flavor not to mention its really quick to make. YUM!!
Top Review by Cookin Up Love
Used this recipe as a base, but modified it:
1.) Doubled Recipe
2.) Made in Crockpot
3.) Omitted Flour
4.) Used 1 can Cream of Celery and 1 can Cream of Chicken
5.) Used Red Pepper Flakes in place of Old Bay Seasoning
6.) Instead of frozen corn - used 2 cans of creamed corn
Rest of recipe as written.
- 4 cups potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 3 tablespoons minced carrots
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese (or more if you love cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- In larger pan over medium-high heat add potatoes, can of soup, two cans of water (from soup can), onion, carrot, corn, Old Bay, Salt, Vinegar, Pepper.
- Stir until smooth, while bringing to a boil.
- Once boils, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes (or until potatoes are tender) stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk together until smooth.
- Stir into soup and allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in grated cheese until it has melted.
- Serve with salad and/or hearty bread.