Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This soup is delicious and very easy to make. Serve with a crisp salad with balsamic vinegarette and crusty garlic bread. I use more cumin in mine because I love the additional smoky flavor.
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 16 ounces shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 4 cups frozen sweet white corn, thawed
- 6 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1⁄2 roasted chicken, skin removed, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons johnny's garlic spread and seasoning or 2 tablespoons lawry's garlic salt
- Combine chicken stock, cream, Simply Potatoes mashed potatoes, shredded pepper jack cheese, cayenne, cumin and Johnny’s in a large heavy pot. Cook on medium high just to a boil stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes. Using a hand blender, puree until smooth. Reduce to low. Add roasted chicken.
- Meanwhile, coat a skillet with olive oil, and over medium high heat sauté shallots, bell pepper and corn until shallots are soft. Add chilis and Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion. Reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are heated through.
- Stir potato mixture into soup stock, and cook on low an additional 15-20 minutes. Add salt to taste if needed.
- Garnish with Cilantro sprigs and a few match stick cut red bell peppers.