Recipe by momofM&M
From the BJ's Wholesale Club newsletter. "Soup lovers will adore this cheesy take on classic New England chowder. It's so rich and delicious, you'll want to make extra so you can serve it for supper on a chilly winter evening."
- 7 medium yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon garlic, roasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cracker barrel extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 14 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In 5- quart Dutch oven, place potatoes; add just enough water to cover. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Drain. Reserve 1 cup potatoes; return remaining potatoes to saucepan. In small bowl, mash reserved potatoes with fork; return to saucepan.
- Stir in broth, garlic, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; cook uncovered 2 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir flour into milk with wire whisk until well mixed. Add milk mixture to potato mixture, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens and boils. Stir in cheese and corn until cheese is melted.
- To serve, ladle chowder into bowls; top with scallions.