Recipe by Ginny Ax
This recipe is different than the usual Cheesy Potato Casserole, it has stuffing on top for the crunch! I know that might sound weird but it is really good. I even make this into a complete meal instead of a side dish. I hope that you enjoy!!
Top Review by MaryAnda
I added diced ham to this and used the frozen hash browns broken up. It is very rich and wonderful. I have three (two teens) kids who complain when I make ham who could not finish their dinner and wanted to. Thanks :)
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen hash browns (with or without peppers) or 2 (16 ounce) packagescubed potatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) sour cream
- 1 small onions, diced or 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1⁄4 cup butter, plus
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix (can use chicken or other)
- season salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly butter the inside of your crockpot.
- Combine soup, sour cream, onion, 1/4 c butter and seasonings in crock pot.
- Add potatoes and cheese, mix well.
- Cover mixture with dry stuffing mix and drizzle with the remaining 3 T of butter.
- cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2 hours. Do NOT stir while cooking.
- * You can make a complete meal by adding cubed ham, frozen mixed veggies, and an extra can of soup.