4 hrs 10 mins
Ginny Ax's Note:
This recipe is different than the usual Cheesy Potato Casserole, it has stuffing on top for the crunch! I know that might sound weird but it is really good. I even make this into a complete meal instead of a side dish. I hope that you enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen hash browns (with or without peppers) or 2 (16 ounce) packages cubed potatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) sour cream
- 1 small onions, diced or 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1/4 cup butter, plus
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2-2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix (can use chicken or other)
- season salt (to taste)
- 1Lightly butter the inside of your crockpot.
- 2Combine soup, sour cream, onion, 1/4 c butter and seasonings in crock pot.
- 3Add potatoes and cheese, mix well.
- 4Cover mixture with dry stuffing mix and drizzle with the remaining 3 T of butter.
- 5cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2 hours. Do NOT stir while cooking.
- 6* You can make a complete meal by adding cubed ham, frozen mixed veggies, and an extra can of soup.
Browse Our Top Midwestern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Potato Casserole (Crockpot)
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.5
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 45.0 mg
- Sodium 400.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb seasoned stuffing mix