1 hr 45 mins
Anna P.'s Note:
Came across this in a flyer and it sounds very good. Great for a potluck dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mashed potatoes, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Grease a deep round or oval 2-quart casserole and set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, sprinkle the yeast over the milk and let dissolve.
- 3Add the shortening, egg, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of the flour and beat till smooth, about 2 minutes Stir in the remaining 2 cups flour, the potatoes, and cheddar till well blended, scrape the dough in the prepared casserole, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm area till doubled in bulk, about 40 minutes.
- 4Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 5Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly, over the top of the dough and bake till golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- 6Transfer the bread to a wire rack to cool, then cut into slices.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Potato Casserole Bread
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.5
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 722.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 15.9 g