Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
How can you go wrong with cheese and potatoes? This is super yummy and always gets rave reviews when I serve it. It goes really well with beef. This is from my Mom and it beats me where she got it from.
- 6 medium potatoes (4-5 cups)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Boil potatoes, chill, and then grate.
- (I use the shredding tool on a food processor.) Put aside.
- Combine cheese, milk, butter in a saucepan until melted.
- Stir in onion, sour cream and salt& pepper.
- Fold into potatoes and dot with butter and paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
I made this last night for my husband's family and did they love it! Easy to make, and expect lots of compliments.