Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Taken from a Facebook group
Make and share this Cheesy Potato Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1 kg) bag frozen hash browns
- 1 cup corn flakes
- In large sauce pan saute onions in butter.
- Add the cheese, sour cream and soup.
- Stir until melted.
- Spread potatoes in 13x9 in pan.
- Pour soup mixture over top and stir together.
- Crush corn flakes and sprinkle over top.
- Cook at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
This is a lovely recipe,that is so simple.I cooked potato in their skins and then grated them (the only hash browns we have in this country are like those shaped things that a certain burger chain uses!!).The rest I followed as written.The result was a great tasting potato dish,that I will almost certainly be cooking again. Made for PRMR
This is a good potato dish. My family loves these. My DD made this. She left out the onions because she doesn't like onions. Made for PRMR.