Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This soup is fantastically easy, and it has restaurant quality taste. What's more, it's cheap to make!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄3 lbs potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and drained
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a 2 to 3 quart saucepan.
- Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, water, and bouillon cubes. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook just until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove 1 cup of potato cubes with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Blend the remaining contents of the saucepan until smooth.
- Mix in the reserved potatoes and the broccoli. (Note: make sure your frozen broccoli is already cooked; otherwise you need to cook it.).
- Place over medium-low heat and very gradually add the cheese, stirring until heated through and the cheese is completely melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.