Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in a school cookbook. It is so good and goes with virtually everything. Especially good with Mexican cheese.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Slice potatoes very thinly and place in an 8 by 8 inch pan.
- Combine butter and pepper and brush over potatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 500 degrees.
- Sprinkle cheese over and add parsley if using.
- Serve hot.
Made this with some leftover pork chops from the other night. Was`a nice side and we enjoyed, but the cooking time was a tad off. 500 degrees for 15 minutes, and mine were done, though I did put them into a already heated oven. Made for Pac 2013.