Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found in the "Cooking for One or Two" cookbook. Found it quite good and wanted to post it so I wouldn't lose the recipe.
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- In a bowl, combine the six ingredients.
- In a greased 1 quart baking dish, layer a fourth of the potatoes and a fourth of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers three times.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 60 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
I made this recipe on 6/29/09 as part of mine and SO's dinner. First I need to start of by saying this, I'm pleased to be the first to rate this recipe. :) Second, there's no place in the directions where the garlic needs to be added into the recipe.So, I mixed it in with the first 5 ingredients. The time and temp. to me seemed to be way off, so I baked the potatoes for 40 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees and it worked just fine. I give it 3 *'s on the clearness of the directions and 5*'s on the taste , and averaged that together and came up with a 4 * star rating. I will make this again. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "