Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is found in the 2005 Taste of Home's Quick Cooking recipe book. It tastes wonderful! It even tastes great as a leftover. This dish can be put together ahead of time and refrigerated until you are ready to bake and serve.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 8 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 8 ounces French onion dip
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Oven @ 350ºF.
- You can peel the potatoes or not.
- Cut into chunks and cook in boiling water until done--about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and mash.
- Add the cottage cheese, French onion dip, and seasonings.
- Place in a 1-1 1/2 quart shallow casserole dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until heated through.
- About 10 minutes before done, cover the potatoes with shredded cheese.
- If you have refrigerated the mixture, I recommend heating it up in a microwave before baking.
This had a bit too much of a french onion dip flavor for us. I liked how easy it was though. It was a different way to serve mashed potatoes and I like to try new recipes. Thanks for posting.
We had this a potluck dinner recently and LOVED it! It had so much more flavor than the usual mashed potato casserole. The recipe I was given specified 1/2 to 1 cup of cheddar cheese. True comfort food!