Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
These creamy potatoes are a super good side dish.
- 3 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 slices crumbled crisp bacon
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- In 1 1/2 qt.
- casserole, layer potatoes and green onion.
- Dot with butter.
- Pour milk over.
- Sprinkle with caraway seed.
- Bake, uncovered, in 350F oven 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinle with bacon and cheese.
- Bake about 5 more minutes, until cheese melts.
This is major comfort food Inez! I discovered this little gem when I started sifting through your recipes (an all day job)! I imagine you could substitute almost any cheese and it would work. I sprinkled a little paprika on top of the finished dish for a little color. The leftovers reheat nicely in the microwave. Thanks again!
This didn't work at all for me. It wasn't creamy in the slightest, but rather watery. I'd be willing to try it again, but might use half and half instead of just milk.