Recipe by MizzNezz
These creamy potatoes are a super good side dish.
Top Review by yooper
This is major comfort food Inez! I discovered this little gem when I started sifting through your recipes (an all day job)! I imagine you could substitute almost any cheese and it would work. I sprinkled a little paprika on top of the finished dish for a little color. The leftovers reheat nicely in the microwave. Thanks again!
- 3 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 slices crumbled crisp bacon
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In 1 1/2 qt.
- casserole, layer potatoes and green onion.
- Dot with butter.
- Pour milk over.
- Sprinkle with caraway seed.
- Bake, uncovered, in 350F oven 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinle with bacon and cheese.
- Bake about 5 more minutes, until cheese melts.