Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is one of my favourite recipes! It's so delicious, that my family often eat it as a main meal, instead of a side-dish! =)
- 1 kg potato, sliced
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 600 ml cream
- ground nutmeg
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180*C.
- Layer half the potatoes onions and cheese in a large, oven-proof dish. Top with another layer of potatoes and cheese.
- Place cream in a jug or bowl. Season with nutmeg, pepper and salt. Pour over potato, onuion and cheese layers in dish.
- Bake in oven for 1-1/2 hours - 2 hours, or until potato is soft and tender, and cheese/cream is golden-brown.
- Garnish with Parsley, if desired. Serve as a side-dish with chicken, or add chopped frozen chicken fillets to recipe.