Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Really good potatoes that always surface at family gatherings. I like them best served at a brunch.
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix together all ingredients, reserving 1 cup of cheese for topping.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 60-90 minutes.
- Add cheese for last 20 minutes.
- Crumbled (cooked) bacon or sausage may be added if desired.
I used cream of chicken instead of mushroom and was very good.
A great dish, either for brunch, or as a potato side dish with ham. I cut the butter in half, added some fresh thyme, and used cream of mushroom. Everyone loved it, even the picky kids!
Love these. I always sautee the onions in a little butter and thyme first to make them "mine". Everyone loves the thyme, it makes them stand out from the regular cheesy potatoes. This recipe has the right amount of cheese to potato to creamy goodness ratio. Thanks