Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This potato casserole is soooooo yummy! I always get great compliments when I make this, and I make it very often at our house, it is requested all the time., you can use cheddar cheese instead of Swiss, or replace the ham for cooked bacon, anyway you make this, the taste is super! Note; cooking time does not include cooking the potatoes.
Top Review by fab.butcher
I changed this recipe quite a bit - but we loved it! I used 4 very large red potatoes and didn't mash them. I used 3T butter and 1 1/2 C. chedder cheese. And I only used 2 eggs and 1% milk. It turned out light and not greasy or heavy like these kind of dishes sometimes are. It also cooked a little faster too. It'll be a new favorite breakfast or dinner recipe!
- 8 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups swiss cheese
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham (or more)
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- set oven to 375 degrees.
- butter a 8-in square baking dish.
- in a saucepan, boil potatoes for 20-25 minutes until very tender; drain well.
- mash potatoes with butter, parsley, salt and pepper.
- spread about 4 cups of the potato mixture on the bottom and up the sides of a greased 8-in square baking dish.
- combine cheese, ham, onion and garlic powder; spoon into potato shell.
- combine eggs and milk; pour over all.
- top with remaining potato mixture.
- sprinkle with paprika.
- bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown.
- let stand 5 minutes before serving.