Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cook the potatoes ahead and at dinnertime, finish putting together the casserole. Makes for an easy and quick weeknight dinner.
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter and remove from heat.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Gradually stir in milk and water and cook over medium heat until thick.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Combine potatoes and ham and add cheese sauce, stir gently, then place in greased casserole dish and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet; add and brown bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle crumbs on top of potato casserole and bake at 350° for 30 to 45 minutes.
Excellent - my family loved it! Made a double batch for company in the roaster - very filling. Make sure you cook potatoes ahead of time.
Cheesy, easy, and delicious! This was a great way to use my leftover ham :)
This was great! We used Panko for the crumbs and it really made a nice topping. It's similar to what some people call "scalloped" potatoes, but with cheese.