Recipe by Charmie777
I got this recipe online after searching for something my stomach was craving!!! You can any kind of cooked breakfast meat you like. Also can be made into breakfast burritos! Recipe courtesy: http://www.cooking-mexican-recipes.com/easy_breakfast_casserole.html
Top Review by ratherbebaking
Yummmm and easy too. I made this for a Mexico trip planning breakfast. One guy said "I'm not much of a breakfast person", he ate 3 pieces and took a copy of the recipe. Will definitely make again. I did add milk instead of water to the eggs.
- 453.59 g package frozen hash brown potatoes (can be patties)
- 12-14 eggs
- 118.29 ml water
- 113.39 g diced green chilies
- 354.88 ml mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add hash browns to bottom of dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. (If the hashbrowns are preseasoned, you can skip this step.).
- (If you are going to add cooked sausage or bacon, place it on top of the potatoes.).
- Add 1/2 of the cheese and half of the Chiles on top.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs, water and the remaining 1/2 of the Chiles with a wire whisk. Pour over the potatoes and top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 55 minutes. Check the center for doneness by inserting a knife.
- Serve with salsa and tortillas.
- Another option would be to heat flour tortillas on a skillet and add a spoonful or two to a tortilla and roll it up for a breakfast burrito.