Recipe by Mrs. Flick
Found this one on Allrecipes.com I am looking forward to trying it-sounds yummy! Could add some chicken to add to the recipe.
Top Review by Laura Zimmerman
So yummy!! I changed a couple minor things but mostly followed the recipe and it was fabulous! I used vegetable broth because we are vegetarians and I didn't have celery so I used a little celery salt but other than that I stuck to the recipe. Hubby really loved this, I'll definitely be making it again soon.
- 29.58 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 2 (822.13 g) can chicken broth
- 709.77 ml peeled and cubed potatoes
- 425.24 g can whole kernel corn
- 113.39 g can diced green chilies
- 70.87 g package country gravy mix
- 473.18 ml milk
- 236.59 ml shredded Velveeta Mexican cheese (processed cheese food)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, melt margarine over medium high heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth; bring to a boil. Add potatoes; cook over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in corn and chiles; return to boiling. Dissolve gravy mix in milk; stir into boiling mixture. Add cheese; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.