My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 lbs boneless pork shoulder (cut into about 1-inch pieces)
- salt and black pepper
- 4 tablespoons oil (can use less)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained (or use pinto beans)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chili peppers, drained
- 1 cup uncooked instant Minute Rice (use white or brown)
- 1/4 cup water (or use chicken or beef broth)
- 1/2 cup salsa (mild or spicy)
- 2 -4 teaspoons cumin (or use as much as desired)
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- sour cream, for top
- 1Season the pork cubes with salt and black pepper.
- 2Heat oil in a skillet; add in the pork and brown on all sides or until cooked through.
- 3Add in the onions, garlic and dried chili flakes (if using) the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- 4Transfer mixture to a greased 2 or 3-quart casserole dish.
- 5Add in all remaining ingredients (except the sour cream) mix with wooden spoon to combine.
- 6Bake in a 375 degree oven uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- 7Sprinkle with shredded cheese; return to oven for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbley.
- 8Serve with sour cream on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Pork, Rice and Black Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1015.8
- Calories from Fat 594
- Total Fat 66.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 163.2 mg
- Sodium 929.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 50.5 g