Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great Dip. Could even add some chicken and put into tortilla for a nice treat
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 ounces chorizo sausage (optional)
- In a 2 quart saucepan mix soup, sour cream, chilies, cheese and onion. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until cheese has melted, until hot. Pour into a warmed large soup bowl. Serve.
- Optional: Serve with chorizo, casings removed, crumbled, cooked until brown and drained. Add to cheese mixture.
- Serve with warmed tortilla chips.
- Note: Browned ground beef, seasoned to taste with taco seasoning, can be substituted for the chorizo.