This is my favorite cool weather soup recipe. This is a Red Gold tomato recipe that gets better each time you warm it up. This is a perfect meal with breadsticks or garlic bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 cup pepperoni, sliced and chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can red gold petite Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- mozzarella cheese, grated for topping
- 1In a large saucepan, sauté mushrooms, onion and Italian sausage for 2 to 3 minutes or until sausage is browned.
- 2Add water, pizza sauce, pepperoni, RED GOLD® Petite Diced Tomatoes Mexican Fiesta and Italian seasoning.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Before serving, stir in Parmesan cheese and garnish with mozzarella cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Pizza Soup
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.7
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 1160.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: