Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my favorite cool weather soup recipe. This is a Red Gold tomato recipe that gets better each time you warm it up. This is a perfect meal with breadsticks or garlic bread.
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 cup pepperoni, sliced and chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canred gold petite Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- mozzarella cheese, grated for topping
- In a large saucepan, sauté mushrooms, onion and Italian sausage for 2 to 3 minutes or until sausage is browned.
- Add water, pizza sauce, pepperoni, RED GOLD® Petite Diced Tomatoes Mexican Fiesta and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Before serving, stir in Parmesan cheese and garnish with mozzarella cheese.
Liked this soup a lot. BIL loves pasta, so added 8 oz bow tie pasta and additional cup of water for a thick and hearty, stick-to-the-rib soup. It was a BIG HIT!