Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great way to add additional flavor to the kid's favorite macaroni and cheese. My kids love this and so do we!
- 340.19 g lean ground beef
- 205.53 g box macaroni and cheese mix
- 78.07 ml milk
- 425.24 g can pizza sauce
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef until no longer pink; drain.
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions, using 1/3 cup milk and omitting margarine.
- Spread 1/2 the pizza sauce into a 11X7 inch baking dish; layer with half the beef, half the macaroni and cheese and half the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Repeat layers (dish will be full).
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
This wasn't bad, but I actually thought it was too cheesy. I used my own pizza sauce, doubled the recipe, and put it in a 9x13. The kids loved it, hubby got seconds, and it was really easy to prepare. Thanks for a quick dinner Chris.