Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is a great way to add additional flavor to the kid's favorite macaroni and cheese. My kids love this and so do we!
Top Review by Three Kids Make Me Crazy
This wasn't bad, but I actually thought it was too cheesy. I used my own pizza sauce, doubled the recipe, and put it in a 9x13. The kids loved it, hubby got seconds, and it was really easy to prepare. Thanks for a quick dinner Chris.
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box macaroni and cheese mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook the beef until no longer pink; drain.
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions, using 1/3 cup milk and omitting margarine.
- Spread 1/2 the pizza sauce into a 11X7 inch baking dish; layer with half the beef, half the macaroni and cheese and half the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Repeat layers (dish will be full).
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.