Recipe by cannedfood
Add some sophistication to your snack time with fondue. This velvety dip, made with vitamin A-rich canned tomato sauce, has the flavorful elements of cheese pizza and serves up some good nutrition. Enjoy it with whole-wheat pita points or as a delectable dip for raw veggies, chicken fingers, mini-meatballs or oven-baked fries.
- 2 tablespoons toasted breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 slices pepperoni, finely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 whole wheat pita bread, warm (each cut in 6 triangles)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix breadcrumbs and milk in a small bowl until fully moistened; set aside.
- Combine tomato sauce and pepperoni (if using) in a small saucepan and heat to simmering.
- Stir in breadcrumb-milk mixture and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses until melted. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with warm pita triangles for dipping.