Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Light and Tasty Jan 2003. Quick and easy appy with tons of flavr. Posted for World Tour 2005.
Make and share this Cheesy Pita Crisps recipe from Food.com.
- 2 whole wheat pita bread
- 1⁄4 cup reduced fat margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- Seperate each pita into 2 rounds, making 4 rounds of bread.
- Cut each round into 4 triangles - you will have 16 triangles total.
- Place each triangle inside up on a lightly greased or sprayed baking sheet.
- Combine remaining ingredients except for mozzarella and spread over triangles.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Watch carefully so they do not burn.
Awesome! These took abit to put together but it is so worth the effort. To make things go alittle quicker I spread whole pita rounds with the butter/cheese & then cut into triangles for the baking sheet. This also made it easy to spread the butter evenly. I used butter (vs margarine) & found 12 mins plenty of time to cook. Great recipe, thanks for sharing.
We loved these! I used a regular pita, left off onion powder and salt and it still tasted like pizza to us. I will make these again and again.
These were a nice and simple snack!! Probably added a bit more cheese, I very rarely measure cheese -- just eyeball until it looks yummy!!! :) Used regular pita instead of whole wheat.