From Light and Tasty Jan 2003. Quick and easy appy with tons of flavr. Posted for World Tour 2005.
Make and share this Cheesy Pita Crisps recipe from Food.com.
- Seperate each pita into 2 rounds, making 4 rounds of bread.
- Cut each round into 4 triangles - you will have 16 triangles total.
- Place each triangle inside up on a lightly greased or sprayed baking sheet.
- Combine remaining ingredients except for mozzarella and spread over triangles.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Watch carefully so they do not burn.
Awesome! These took abit to put together but it is so worth the effort. To make things go alittle quicker I spread whole pita rounds with the butter/cheese & then cut into triangles for the baking sheet. This also made it easy to spread the butter evenly. I used butter (vs margarine) & found 12 mins plenty of time to cook. Great recipe, thanks for sharing.
We loved these! I used a regular pita, left off onion powder and salt and it still tasted like pizza to us. I will make these again and again.
These were a nice and simple snack!! Probably added a bit more cheese, I very rarely measure cheese -- just eyeball until it looks yummy!!! :) Used regular pita instead of whole wheat.