Recipe by nrpelham
When you get your next snack attack try this easy alternative to fatty chips. **From The Heart Smart Diet Plan on eDiets.
Top Review by Boomette
By mistake I used tortillas instead of pita chips. But I'll also try it with pita chips real soon. It was so yummy. I used a cajun seasoning cheese on top of the tortillas. The baking time was the same. Thanks nrpelham :) Made for All you can cook buffet
- 1⁄2 pita bread, approximately 6 inches (2 oz.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 ounce low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly brush pita with oil and cut into eighths.
- Arrange the pita chips on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Top with cheese and garlic powder, return to oven and bake for 2-3 more minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Amount per serving: Calories 149; total fat 2g; saturated fat 0g; cholesterol 5 mg; sodium 208mg; total carbohydrate 20g; dietary fiber 3g; sugars 1g; protein 7g.