Recipe by CindiJ
Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury.com December 2007. I plan on making these tonight to serve with my soup. These can be served as an appetizer with either a bowl of either spaghetti or pizza sauce for dipping.
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 oz)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup pasta sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Unroll dough and separate into 2 long rectangles; press each into 12x4-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. Sprinkle garlic powder and cheese over rectangles; gently press into dough.
- Starting with 1 short side, roll up each rectangle; press edges to seal. With serrated knife, cut each roll into 8 slices; place cut side down on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush tops with beaten egg; sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. In 1-quart saucepan, heat pasta sauce over medium heat until hot, stirring occasionally. Serve warm pinwheels with pasta sauce.