Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy Vegemite and cheese pinwheels.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons vegemite
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, extra, melted
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped ham
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat butter, Vegemite and milk in a saucepan and stir until the Vegemite dissolves.Cool to room temperature.
- Sift flour in a bowl and add milk and mix to form a soft dough.
- Roll out on a floured board to a rectangle shape - approximately 1cm thick.
- Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with combined cheese, parsley and ham.
- Roll up lengthwise and slice into 2.5cm pieces.
- Place cut side down on a greased baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes.
wow these were gobbled up in mins. I made them to go with Recipe#203822 they were so easy to make i will be making them again. Great with soup or would be just great on there own. Made for RECIPE SWAP #19 - August 2008 in the aust/nz forum