Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I grew up loving pierogies. When I found this recipe, I fell in love. Its like eating a giant pierogie. Yummy noodles, potatoes, and cheese.
- 2 cups instant potato flakes
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 slices American cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 cups egg noodles
- Combine water, butter, salt, milk, onion, and potato flakes in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave 4-5 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, then drain.
- Layer half of the noodles on the bottom of a glass baking dish. Put on 6 slices of american cheese.
- Then spread on top half of the mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with all of the cheddar cheese.
- Layer on the remaining potatoes.
- Top with the remaining noodles. Cover the dish with foil.
- Cook 20 minutes at 350 degrees, while covered.
- Then uncover and place 6 slices of american cheese on top. Bake an additional ten minutes uncovered.
This as OK for us. I made exactly as written. We thought it could have used some other spices or maybe just more onion. Made for Spring PAC 2011.