Recipe by RedLobsterRestaurants
This recipe is great with pheasant or chicken. Either way it is a crowd pleaser.
- 4 pheasant breast or 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup of crushed jalapeno potato chips
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg (scrambled in a dish)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapenos (from a jar)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup cheese infused rice
- 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut pheasant or chicken breasts into 1 inch chunks.
- In a bag combine crushed potato chips, flour, cayenne pepper, garlic salt, and black pepper.
- Coat pieces with scrambled egg.
- Add pheasant into bag with potato chip mixture and shake to coat.
- When pieces are coated put into hot oil and saute until pheasant is cooked through (no pink in the middle).
- In a bowl combine soup, 1/2 bag of cheddar cheese, rice, milk, green pepper, onion, garlic, jalapeno and water.
- Add cooked pheasant to bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and cook for about 45 minutes or until rice is done.
- Cook uncovered for last 10 minutes.