1/2 Photos of Cheesy Pesto Rice 'n Chicken Bake
wicked cook 46's Note:
Have not made this yet.Posting for safe keeping Can't remember which magazine I got it from
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces shredded english sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1/4 cup diced sun-dried tomato
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in to chunks or 3 chicken breasts
- freshly grated romano cheese or parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Toss Panko crumbs in the one tablespoon of melted butter, Set aside.
- 3In large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add Flour and whisk together until it starts to turn golden brown. Add milk and then sour cream.
- 4A little at a time, add shredded cheddar, making sure it gets completely incorporated. Add blue cheese, again making sure it gets stirred in and melted completely.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in Pesto, followed by remaining ingredients(except for bread crumbs and Romano cheese).
- 6Pour in to buttered Casserole dish. Top with Romano cheese and bread crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Pesto Rice 'n Chicken Bake
Serving Size: 1 (685 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1134.6
- Calories from Fat 478
- Total Fat 53.1 g
- Saturated Fat 31.2 g
- Cholesterol 260.9 mg
- Sodium 1135.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 81.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: