Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Have not made this yet.Posting for safe keeping Can't remember which magazine I got it from
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces shredded english sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄4 cup diced sun-dried tomato
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in to chunks or 3 chicken breasts
- freshly grated romano cheese or parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Toss Panko crumbs in the one tablespoon of melted butter, Set aside.
- In large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add Flour and whisk together until it starts to turn golden brown. Add milk and then sour cream.
- A little at a time, add shredded cheddar, making sure it gets completely incorporated. Add blue cheese, again making sure it gets stirred in and melted completely.
- Remove from heat and stir in Pesto, followed by remaining ingredients(except for bread crumbs and Romano cheese).
- Pour in to buttered Casserole dish. Top with Romano cheese and bread crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
This has many ingredients that my family loves. I was excited to try it. The directions are very well written now. For my family they loved this. For me the taste of blue cheese overwhelmed the other flavors I was wanting to taste like the pesto, tomato, cheddar cheese. If you are making this recipe and aren't sure if you want a lot of blue cheese flavor, I would cut the bleu cheese in half. Made for PRMR
You must have re-written the recipe, because I didn't find the directions at all confusing. I do not care for blue cheese (although I'm sure it would have had a bolder flavour) so subbed some feta instead. I also admit increasing the bake time to 40 min., as I wasn't all that convinced the raw chicken would have been cooked all the way through in 30 min. We enjoyed this immensely. :)
Although the end result was extremely tasty, largely due to the pesto and sour cream, the instructions were so confusing that I'm struggling to even remember all the adjustments I made while making this. Many instructions were split between several steps which made them confusing to understand, and I found I had to keep re-reading them. Milk didn't feature in the ingredients list but appeared in the directions and since I didn't have any on hand I decided to use some yoghurt. There was mention of 3 tablespoons of butter divided, then the directions specified melting 3 tablespoons of butter. Sorry to rate this so low, wicked cook, but this recipe really needs some re-writing so that it's easier to follow. It's certainly potentially a really good recipe. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.