Recipe by wicked cook 46
Have not made this yet.Posting for safe keeping Can't remember which magazine I got it from
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
This has many ingredients that my family loves. I was excited to try it. The directions are very well written now. For my family they loved this. For me the taste of blue cheese overwhelmed the other flavors I was wanting to taste like the pesto, tomato, cheddar cheese. If you are making this recipe and aren't sure if you want a lot of blue cheese flavor, I would cut the bleu cheese in half. Made for PRMR
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces shredded english sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄4 cup diced sun-dried tomato
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in to chunks or 3 chicken breasts
- freshly grated romano cheese or parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Toss Panko crumbs in the one tablespoon of melted butter, Set aside.
- In large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add Flour and whisk together until it starts to turn golden brown. Add milk and then sour cream.
- A little at a time, add shredded cheddar, making sure it gets completely incorporated. Add blue cheese, again making sure it gets stirred in and melted completely.
- Remove from heat and stir in Pesto, followed by remaining ingredients(except for bread crumbs and Romano cheese).
- Pour in to buttered Casserole dish. Top with Romano cheese and bread crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top.