Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this delicious recipe from my roomate Ashley in college who got it from her mom. Now, it's been so long since I've made it, the directions that follow are most likely going to need some tweaking. I never wrote it down so I'm a little fuzzy...
- 1 (28 ounce) bag potato pierogies (I don't know the typical size of a medium sized bag of perogies, you can use any flavour)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup cream (also, you may add some of a small tub of sour cream if you wish) or 1⁄2 cup milk (also, you may add some of a small tub of sour cream if you wish)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic powder (I like lots)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 whole diced red pepper
- diced onion (as much as you want)
- grated cheese (i prefer marble)
- Grease 9x13 glass baking pan.
- Layer perogies (frozen) on bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl, mix soup, milk/cream, lemon juice, garlic powder, paprika, pepper. Mix well.
- Add diced pepper and onion.
- Pour over perogies.
- Top with cheese and more peppers if you wish.
- Cover dish with tin foil and bake at 350F until done. (I believe it took almost an hour).