Recipe by Aroostook
These little hummers can be . - frozen (as is) in freezer bags - placed in a spaghetti sauce and frozen for later use (subs etc) - made smaller (adjust cooking time) and used as appetizers - ready to pop into your favorite spaghetti sauce Simple is often best...! =)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (30 count) package saltine crackers, crushed fine
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Mix well.
- (This is the time to taste) Cook a small amount of mixture (either on a plate in the microwave or in a small fry pan) Taste and adjust salt/pepper and cheese.
- (cheese and crackers usually contribute enough salt for this recipe) Form into 15 meatballs Place on baking sheet Bake for 10 minutes on one side Turn meatballs w/ spatula and bake another 10 minutes.
- More freshly ground pepper may be added when still hot out of the oven if you wish.