Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These little hummers can be . - frozen (as is) in freezer bags - placed in a spaghetti sauce and frozen for later use (subs etc) - made smaller (adjust cooking time) and used as appetizers - ready to pop into your favorite spaghetti sauce Simple is often best...! =)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (30 count) package saltine crackers, crushed fine
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350F Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Mix well.
- (This is the time to taste) Cook a small amount of mixture (either on a plate in the microwave or in a small fry pan) Taste and adjust salt/pepper and cheese.
- (cheese and crackers usually contribute enough salt for this recipe) Form into 15 meatballs Place on baking sheet Bake for 10 minutes on one side Turn meatballs w/ spatula and bake another 10 minutes.
- More freshly ground pepper may be added when still hot out of the oven if you wish.
Thank you for posting this recipe! These were easy to make and quite tasty.