Recipe by Jessica Costello
Awesome--everybody loves this! Very good with tossed salad and garlic bread.
Top Review by Pinguinlvr
I thought this was ok. We changed the hamburger to chicken. I think it's need more sauce than the recipe calls for. Also, not quite sure why they want you to use pasta shells when you aren't filling them. You could really use any pasta and it would probably be better since it seemed weird that the shells weren't filled. I would make again with a little tweaking.
- 1 (1 lb) box medium pasta shell, cooked
- 1 (26 ounce) jarprego garden veggie pasta sauce
- 1 lb ground beef, browned & drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- sliced portabella mushroom
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef, onion, pepper, and sauce.
- Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- In 9x13-inch baking dish pour 1/2 of the cooked shells.
- Add 1/2 of the sauce mixture.
- Layer with 6 slices of provolone.
- Add a layer of the sliced portabella.
- Cover mushrooms with sour cream.
- Add remaining shells.
- Add remaining sauce.
- Cover with mozzarella.
- Bake covered at 350°F for about 40 minutes.