Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy cheesy child-friendly midweek meal!
- 9 ounces dry penne pasta
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1 small red pepper, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease 6 x 3/4-cup capacity ovenproof ramekins.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender. Drain and return to saucepan.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over high heat. Add flour and cook for 45 seconds. Remove from heat and slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
- Return to heat and cook, stirring, until sauce comes to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup cheese and stir until well combined and melted.
- Stir sauce, peas and pepper through pasta. Spoon into ramekins.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is golden.