Recipe by Tattooed Lady
Found this recipe from another website. Haven't tried it yet...but it's on my list. Pasta sauce is 1lb 10 oz jar but I put 2 16oz jars instead. Hope that's the right conversion.
- 6 cups whole wheat macaroni or 6 cups rotini pasta
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (16 ounce) jars chunky garden combination pasta sauce (or your preference of sauce)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef with diced onion, drain.
- Cook pasta according to instructions, drain.
- Combine ground beef, pasta, pasta sauce, tomatoes, mushrooms, green pepper and 1 cup cheese in 9x13 baking pan.
- Sprinkle top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and pasta is hot and bubbly.