Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe from another website. Haven't tried it yet...but it's on my list. Pasta sauce is 1lb 10 oz jar but I put 2 16oz jars instead. Hope that's the right conversion.
- 6 cups whole wheat macaroni or 6 cups rotini pasta
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (16 ounce) jars chunky garden combination pasta sauce (or your preference of sauce)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef with diced onion, drain.
- Cook pasta according to instructions, drain.
- Combine ground beef, pasta, pasta sauce, tomatoes, mushrooms, green pepper and 1 cup cheese in 9x13 baking pan.
- Sprinkle top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and pasta is hot and bubbly.