Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another cheap, quick meal for vegetarians to enjoy. It's not very healthy but it sure is good. It's from the Favorite Brand Names Cookbook.
- 1 bunch broccoli, steamed
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup American cheese or 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 (16 ounce) packagecooked ziti pasta, drained and still hot
- Chop broccoli; set aside. Cook and stir garlic in hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Add broccoli; cook and stir 3-4 minutes. Add American cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter, broth and wine; stir. Simmer until cheese melts.
- Pour sauce over ziti in large bowl; toss gently to coat. Garnish as desired.