Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Vegetarian recipe from my student days...
- 175 g red lentils
- 375 g parsnips, sliced
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 75 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 50 g melted butter
- 25 g sunflower seeds
- 25 g peanuts, chopped
- 125 g Stilton cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
- Cook the lentils and parsnip in boiling water for 10 minutes or until just soft. Drain well.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion. Stir into the lentil mixture and season well.
- Put the lentil mixture into a greased serving dish. Mix all the remaining ingredients together and sprinkle them evenly over the lentils.
- Bake for 30 minutes then serve with salad.