Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A wonderful change from your regular meatballs! for best flavor it is advised to refrigerate the meatballs overnight before coating in the breadcrumb mixture --- these are delicious!
Top Review by Bergy
Very nice texture and nice flavor from the parmesan. I didn't add crumbs to the meat balls and they still held together nicely. I did coat them with Pnko crumbs and parmesan - Lovely. I am sorry the photos are not as crisp clear as they could be. I served them with Blackbean Tomato Salsa and that added zip to the meatballs - Very enjoyable dinner thanks KITTENCAL
- 1 lb ground chicken (or use white and dark ground turkey meat)
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion (or use 1 large green onion white part only)
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce grated Fontina cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or use 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon white salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup bry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl using clean hands mix all meatball ingredients together.
- Form into about 24 meatballs (for best flavor at this point cover and refrigerate overnight).
- In a small bowl, mix together additional 1/2 cup breadcrumbs with 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Roll and coat the balls in the cheese/breadcrumb mixture.
- Pan-fry intil cooked and lightly browned.