Recipe by wildschwein
This popcorn variation is delicious, and totally addictive. It is so simple and quick to make that it will definitely be a winner in your household next movie night, too!
Top Review by Gaia22
This popcorn recipe really sounded yummy, unfortunately, myself and my DF were very disappointed with the flavor. We couldn't even finish the batch during our movie. Still, I kept the leftovers and am pleased to say that this was actually much better the next day. The list of ingredients sounds so great, part of me is still convinced there is a way to make this meet my expectations. Maybe with the addition of some butter, pre-grated parmesan cheese [I had fresh parmesan that I grated and it had a hard time sticking to the popcorn], and a little less smoked paprika it would be yummier the night of making it. I might try this again, but not soon and not for company. Thanks for the experience; I am still glad I tried it. [Made & Reviewed for Bargain Basement Tag]
- 1⁄2 cup unpopped popcorn
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oil in frying pan. Turn the hotplate onto it's highest setting.
- Test that the oil is at the correct temperature by putting one kernel of corn into the pan - when the oil is ready, the kernel will begin to turn around in the oil and sizzle.
- Turn down the hotplate temperature by half. Empty the half-cup of popping corn into the pan, and put on the pan's lid.
- Shake the pan back and forth on the hotplate regularly to prevent the corn from burning - especially once the sound of popping corn commences.
- When most of the popping stops, turn off the hotplate. Keep the pan on the hotplate though, as the remaining heat will finish off the remaining kernels. Keep shuffling the pan back and forth until all popping has ceased.
- When all popping has ceased, take pan off the hotplate completely. Take the lid off the pan, and pour popped corn into a large mixing/serving bowl.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over, and use your hands to shake it through the popcorn.
- Sprinkle the parmesan over, using your hands to evenly disperse it through the popcorn.
- Sprinkle the paprika, smoked paprika and garlic powder over, and mix it through with your hands until evenly dispersed.
- Serve immediately.