Recipe by Snowyowl/PB
A real quick and easy dish that I have had a lot of complaints on. I hope that you will also enjoy!! Also to save calories, remove the skin from the chicken before coating.This is also good using breasts that are boneless, but add a little more crackers and cut the cooking time to about a 1/2 hour.
Top Review by dcsavop
The recipe as written was good. I made my own little tweaks: replaced basil with marjoram. added a little garlic powder.<br/>For the crackers I used white cheddar goldfish. It was a big hit and I will make it again and will make further tweaks, I am sure.
- 2 cups bite-size cheddar cheese crackers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken leg quarters or 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place crackers in a plastic bag (leave bag open so air can escape). Use a rolling pin to crush the crackers. Add basil and pepper to bag. Set aside.
- Rinse chicken;pat dry with paper towels. Brush chicken with milk. Add chicken one piece at a time to bag with cracker mixture. Seal bag and shake until chicken is coated.
- Place coated chicken, skin side up, in an ungreased baking pan.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 55 to 65 minutes or until no pink remainns and chicken can be easily pierced with a fork.