1/11 Photos of Cheesy Orzo
Muffin Goddess's Note:
This is Rachael Ray's recipe for a great sidedish to use when you're tired of plain old rice (or if you just love orzo, like I do).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat an 8-inch pot with a tight fitting cover over moderate heat.
- 2Add oil, onion and garlic and saute for 2 or 3 minutes.
- 3Add broth to the pan and bring to a boil.
- 4Stir in orzo and return to boiling.
- 5Cover pot and reduce heat to simmer.
- 6Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until liquid is absorbed and orzo is tender.
- 7Remove lid and stir in cheese.
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.2
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 659.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: