This is Rachael Ray's recipe for a great sidedish to use when you're tired of plain old rice (or if you just love orzo, like I do).
- Preheat an 8-inch pot with a tight fitting cover over moderate heat.
- Add oil, onion and garlic and saute for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add broth to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in orzo and return to boiling.
- Cover pot and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until liquid is absorbed and orzo is tender.
- Remove lid and stir in cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.