Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is Rachael Ray's recipe for a great sidedish to use when you're tired of plain old rice (or if you just love orzo, like I do).
- Preheat an 8-inch pot with a tight fitting cover over moderate heat.
- Add oil, onion and garlic and saute for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add broth to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in orzo and return to boiling.
- Cover pot and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until liquid is absorbed and orzo is tender.
- Remove lid and stir in cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
We liked this a lot. I halved the recipe but used the whole amount of cheese, added about a tablespoon of light cream cheese and a splash of fresh lemon juice. I used vegetable broth, making it a vegetarian dish (for a guest.) The cream cheese made it creamy, the lemon juice made it bright! I had the leftover for lunch today with a little butter. YUM! ZWT 7 - Shady Ladies
This is a great recipe. I didn't have problem with the liquid. But we found that it needed more cheese flavor. So next time I'll add more parmesan. Thanks Muffin goddess :) Made for Count Dracula and His Hot Bites for ZWT7
Very easy and tasty